The University of Glasgow is offering outstanding students an opportunity to pursue a degree program at the Institution through the UBDC International Scholarships.
UBDC’s mission is to be an international centre-of-excellence in the research use of digital footprint data and associated analytical technologies to address the challenges of urban planning, development and management. Working with a supervisory team from the Centre, the successful students will develop projects aligned with this mission. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in developing advanced skills in quantitative or data-driven social research, and in applying these to real-world urban policy problems.
The University of Glasgow will provide all the following benefits:
- A stipend indexed to the RCUK rate (2020-21 rate £15,285 Full-Time).
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver at the standard Home/EU or International rate.
- Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) of up to £2,250 over 3 years (usually up to a maximum of £750 per year).
Eligibility criteria for the UBDC International Scholarships
- They should have a good first degree (2.1. or higher) in an appropriate discipline including, but not limited to: social sciences, economics, geography, computing science, statistics or environmental sciences.
- They should be able to demonstrate quantitative or data-driven research skills appropriate to their level of qualification.
- They should be able to demonstrate an interest in and appreciation of the challenges of urban social science research.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Awards: Stipend
Number of Awards: Two
Method of Application: Applicants need to take admission in PhD degree at the University of Glasgow. After being enrolled, they can apply through the scholarship applications portal. If you are unsure, please contact Dr David McArthur (David.Mcarthur@glasgow.ac.uk) in the first instance.
Applications will be assessed by the project team. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to attend a remote (online) Interview.
All scholarship awards are subject to candidates successfully securing admission to a PhD programme within the Urban Studies subject area of the School of Social and Political Sciences. Successful applicants will be invited to apply for admission to the relevant PhD programme after they are selected for funding.
Application Deadline: 16 May 2022.
Visit The Official Website For More Information on the UBDC International Scholarships