Roger Federer Set To Be Out For Couple Months Due To Yet Another Knee Surgery

Roger Federer Set To Be Out For Couple Months Due To Yet Another Knee Surgery

Roger Federer said on Sunday he will undergo further knee surgery and admitted he “will be out for many months”, a decision which casts further doubt on his future in tennis at the age of 40.

“I will be on crutches for many weeks and out of the game for many months,” 20-time Grand Slam title winner Federer said in a video posted on his Instagram account.

The decision immediately rules him out of the US Open, where he has been champion five times and which starts in two weeks’ time.

“I want to give myself a glimmer of hope to return to the tour in some shape or form,” added Federer.

“I am realistic, don’t get me wrong. I know how difficult it is at my age to go through another surgery. I will try it. I want to be healthy, I want to be running around.”

Federer, who has played just 13 matches in 2021, underwent two knee surgeries in 2020 when he played only six times.

He had already pulled out of the Tokyo Olympics to rest his knee.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *